Thok on his couch
Regarding sexuality in the MU, I like Tayanacon’s theory.
"*points at their heartlights* Lemme shoot something at you quick; I have a fan theory on how two MU characters can get it on. You know how Kaita from by three Toa focusing on each other and their…
- Most of the time he was just winging it when it came to treespeak; ironically, when he wound up misusing it, his Matoran tended to think they were the ones getting it wrong. (Matau thought the whole thing was hilarious.)
- Although he wouldn’t want to be one, he couldn’t help but find the Turaga’s stories of being Hordika deeply interesting and even a little alluring.
- Now that everyone has their Mistika/Phantoka armor, he spends plenty of time on Spherus Magna bugging the other Toa Nuva to go flying with him (or ‘wind-flying’ if he’s asking Kopaka, just because he knows the phrase gets on the other Toa’s nerves). Few take him up on that offer.
- Bonus headcanon: see here
- Bonus headcanon 2: he’s been at least a little attracted to both Tahu and Gali at times, but in the end it was Onua he developed feelings for
this is what you’ve done to me Tumblr
Am I slow as hell on these? Yes. Am I ever stopping? HELL NO
- While Onua has always been one of the most dedicated Toa, he had one and exactly one crisis of faith when an Onu-Matoran was killed in a freak mining accident and he was powerless to stop it. When Whenua tried to tell him that there was no reason to blame himself and that he can’t save everyone, he got genuinely furious and all but roared back that if Mata Nui wanted to teach him a lesson, he had no right to hurt his Matoran to do it.
- On Spherus Magna, he keeps a few secret tunnels leading out and under New Atero to the outskirts of the city so he can read in peace.
- He very rarely dreams, and when he does, he usually jots down what he can remember upon awaking.
- Bonus not-really-headcanon: before we found out the GB in disguise was Velika, I always thought it’d be interesting if it turned out to be Onua - a Great Being who inserted himself as one of the universe’s ‘failsafes’ and slowly grew to realize that this wasn’t just a system to be maintained but a living, breathing world. (Of course, then said GB started murdering people, which would be a bit OOC.)
(sorry these are taking so long, life was being life)
- Although Matoro really is dead dead dead from using the Ignika, there are still echoes of his spirit and his memories buried in the mask. At times, Mata Nui dreams of a cloistered little village in the mountains of Ko-Wahi, and when he wakes he knows the dreams were not his.
- In Metru Nui, he and Nuju were only passing acquaintances; Nuju came in to his shop to consider buying a bird once, but ultimately decided against it, and that was about it.
- On Mata Nui, he would occasionally get into conversations with Nokama about translating Rahi-speak; she did her best to help him learn Nuju’s language back in the early days, though he caught on pretty quickly that she didn’t actually know it and was just ad-libbing with her Ruru.
(Sorry this took so long)
- You know the Avak minifig? He has one. Built it himself. Don’t make fun of him for it if you know what’s good for you.
- Avak considers Nuparu his rival simply because he’s the only one around who’s nearly as good an engineer as him. Nuparu’s too disgusted by him to think of him as ‘rival’ back, since that implies some kind of respect.
- His wide face is a rarity among Skakdi; plenty called him ‘fish-face’ behind his back (but never to his front.)
I’ve never really made a color palette before so this was kinda different ^^;
- Even before getting all protoditey, Zaktan was able to split his body in much the same manner as Johmak. How and why, even he wasn’t sure - the best guess is that somewhere along the line, Mata Nui made a mistake. Either that or he and Johmak are much more closely related than either would like to admit.
- One of his favorite tricks for creeping people out is dissolving his arm, shoving the cloud over the person’s hand, and resolidifying.
- He willingly jumped into the Golden Being fusion under the impression that he would know how to control them, having so much experience with controlling many little parts. He was very, very wrong.
this isn’t a headcanon but don’t turians kind of look like birds. Isn’t “Garrus” pretty close to “Parrot”. if I had a parrot I’d name it Parrus that’s all I’m saying
- Even though he’s never actually home with her, he’s stupidly protective of Solana, to the point that when he heard she was considering running for office, he tried to dissuade her because he didn’t want her dealing with all the crap that comes with politics, which led to one hell of an argument.
- After Shepard died, he visited her memorial marker and dabbed some of his face paint onto it. Turian tradition says that’s absolutely not to be done to someone outside your family. He says to hell with that, and besides, he could make a pretty good case.
- He’s well aware that Shepard let him win the shootout on the Citadel, but that’s alright - he lets her win their Mako races.